Frequently Asked Questions


What are the documents do I need to prepare for an application to study in an institute in Australia?

First of all, you need to have your CV, a Curriculum Vitae. This is a full account of your academic background and work history. List clearly, where you have studied before, the period you commenced studies till completion (MM/YY), and the certificate / qualification you have received. Similarly, state where you have worked previously, the position you have held, description of the work you have performed and most importantly the time period in which you were employed. If you have never worked before, include your experience from internship placements. Lastly, you should mention your interest or hobbies and any other events or activities you have participated in that you may consider relevant to your studies in Australia. You can download a CV template HERE.

You will also need to prepare:

  1. Passport (bio-data, picture and signature pages, coloured copy)

  2. Academic certificates & transcripts (results)

  3. Official English Proficiency Test Result (e.g. IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE/ Cambridge English)

  4. Financial evidence of your ability to pay for school fees and living expenses in Australia (at least for the 1st year of studies)

If you are using an iPhone and wish to take a picture of your documents, download Office Lens onto your phone. If you are using an Android phone, download CS Scanner.

These applications will ensure you are able to get good, clear, PDF copies for our retention and submission.

You may need to provide less or more than the list above, so you will need to discuss with our Counsellor on your circumstances. CONNECT with us.

What should I do to prepare myself for studying in Australia?

Start by researching on why Australia is your preferred destination to further your studies. There are also countries like Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States of America or New Zealand where English is the official first language.

Australia is the world’s largest island but also the smallest continent. Australia is divided into six states and two territories. So you need to view all of your options and choose where you would like to live and study. If you favour the vigour and hustle-bustle of iconic cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast, then choosing to study in the eastern states in Australia would be best for you. If you love the beaches and outdoors and a more conducive environment to study and . Is it the choice of programme or the ability to find relevant work experience or simply the fact that an Australian qualification is recognised globally by employers in most fields of work?

If you have a preferred state to go to in Australia, try to understand why you choose to go there. Most students prefer to go to the eastern states in Australia where cities such as Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast are melting pots, thriving with activities. Others, like most of our students, prefer to choose Western Australia where the cost of living is more manageable, the beaches divinely clean and beautiful and the streets are safe. Find out more about Perth, Western Australia from our state’s official website HERE.

Is my level of English good enough for my studies in Australia?

Students who wish to enter into respective programmes at certificate, diploma, degree or post-graduate level would need to meet both academic and English entry requirements.

All study programmes in Australia will be conducted in English, except for foreign language studies. Therefore, it is important that you have a good foundation in all areas of speaking, listening, reading and writing.

For international student visa applications, the Department of Home Affairs would require that the student sits for an official English examination prior to coming to Australia. There are five English language tests accepted for student visa applications in Australia:

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (paper-based test is accepted from limited countries)
  • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
  • Occupational English Test (OET).

At times, the Department of Home Affairs do require evidence of your English language skill after you have submitted your application. At other times, you are not required to have an official test result. The circumstances are different depending on your country of origin and the school you plan to enrol in. If you would like to find out if you are required to sit for an official English language test, speak to our Counsellor. Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to administer a free English placement test prior to your enrolment into your mainstream study programme.

If you fall short of the English language entry requirement, we can then arrange for you to study an English bridging programme prior to commencing your primary study programme. As you know, coming to an environment where everyone speaks in English, you will learn to pick up the language a lot faster!

Would you like to find out if your English proficiency level is good enough? CONNECT with us.

Once I agree to seek assistance from Blue Education to study in Australia, what do I expect?

Note * If you are lodging a visa application in a country included in the biometrics program, regardless of nationality, you might need to provide your biometrics in relation to each visa application you lodge. Please see the list from the website of the Department of Home Affairs.

How do I apply for a student visa to study in Australia?

  1. You need a Letter of Offer from the school or university in Australia.
  2. Once you are satisifed with the course offered, you need to accept the offer and pay the institution in order to obtain the Confirmation of Enrolment.
  3. You need to arrange for Overseas Student Health Cover.
  4. You need to prepare a GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrance) Statement as per the SSVF (Simplified Student Visa Framework) set out by the Department of Home Affairs . If you are bringing your dependent with you, and is above the age of 18, he or she will need to complete the GTE statement as well.
  5. Once you are ready with the above 4 items, you may LOGIN to the Department's portal. Complete the information required and attach relevant documents.
  6. Once you have lodged your visa, you will be issued a HAP ID for you to arrange your health test through an appointed physician in the Departmen's LIST. See FAQ Medical for more information.
  7. Await the outcome of your visa application.
If all of the above is too complicated for you, please CONTACT US for assistance.

How do I sign on the enrolment forms and other important documents such as the Letter of Offer in order to accept the terms of engagement?

Our team, Bia (Blue International Assistant) will send to you a link via SignNow. SignNow is a secure and efficient e-signature platform that is compatible with your computer or phone. When you receive a link sent by our team, do not download the application. Simply click on the use of the web version. Follow the instructions, highlighted by the tabs to sign on the necessary field(s). For a quick tutorial on how to use SignNow, please refer to this LINK.


What should I watch out for when arriving as an international passenger at an Australian airport?

First of all, before you board the plane, you should check the validity of your passport to ensure it is valid for more than 6 months. Some airlines in your point of origin may not even allow you to board the flight. At arrival, the Australian Border Force may also bar you from entry and you would need to return home. Ensure that you have a copy of your travel visa with you. You can hold a printed copy, or have it available in your smart phone or laptop (but beware, an Australian Border Force officers has the power to direct a person in a customs controlled area not to use cameras, sound recording equipment or mobile phones under the Customs Act 1901). If you are one of our students, our team Bia would have emailed to you all of your required documents and we would expect that you store it in a hard drive and on the cloud for backup. These documents include, but not limited to your school’s Letter of Offer, Confirmation of Enrolment, Overseas Student Health Cover and your visa grant.

When you are on-board the aircraft, be sure that you receive an Incoming Passenger Card (see sample) from the Cabin Crew. Remember to complete the card carefully with all of the correct information. Go through the declaration checklist diligently and declare if you are bringing in cash (above the threshold) or goods that are listed on the card. Remember, when in doubt, just tick yes and speak to any of the customs officer after you have been cleared at the counter.

If you are carrying a number of items, especially new items that you intend to bring to Australia to help you settle in, ensure that you are aware of the following:

  • the nature and content of the baggage
  • your knowledge of what is in the bags
  • who packed the bags
  • where have you and the bags have travelled from
  • where the have you and the bags commenced the journey
  • the source of any goods in the bag
  • the price of the goods
  • the manner in which the goods were obtained.

At times, there the border officer may use detector dogs during the routine. Remain calm and do not be afraid of these animals as they are well trained and would not harm you.

When you have cleared with customs, proceed to the exit. There are plenty of options for airport pickup for e.g. taxis, ride-share and the bus. If you would like our team to pick you from the airport, CONNECT with us.

What can I expect after arriving in Australia as an international student?

For some of us, arriving in Australia to study is a dream come true. Students typically are filled with an euphoria of excitement, curiosity and intermittent nervousness and confusion. Expect challenges to come your way, because everyone and everything will be new around you. Adjusting to a new environment becomes a challenge for many students. Many would experience what we call a ‘culture shock’, which is not uncommon. Just remember, if you are feeling this way, most of your friends from the international student cohort would be going through the same, whilst some would have gone through the same in the past. The main thing for you to do to manage this predicament, is to know how to reach out for help. Your priority is really, to organise yourself around your course schedule, make new friends and participate in student activities. Make an effort to get to know your teachers and tutors as well.

You may also find that the teaching methods are very different to what you have been accustomed to in your home country. You must pick up self-learning techniques, good research skills, persistent listening capabilities and always ASK when you are in doubt. Checking with your tutor or lecturer on the progress of your assignment is a good way to ensure you are on track. You do not need to be one bringing the apple for the teacher, but always maintain a good rapport with those who are positioned to help you through your studies. Make sure you choose the right members for group assignments! You must know the dynamics and styles of each person in your team so that all of you can benefit from team camaraderie and produce a good piece of work.

Student council and student support services at the schools and universities are often very helpful. Students can access various support systems depending on the issues they face. Mentorship programmes allows senior students in their final year of studies to advice and support new students in areas such as assignments, preparations for exams, understanding reference methodologies etc.

Don’t forget, our counsellors at Blue Education are always ready to help so BOOK a time with us if you would like some advice.

What are top 6 important things to do apart from attending classes?

  1. Attend orientation session! Never underestimate the importance of having been ‘oriented’. You will get a chance to meet new friends, find out who the important people ‘to-go-to’ for various matters and learn to navigate around your new environment.
  2. Ask student services for your Student ID card. For most schools, students need to place an order for the student ID and after a week or so, you can collect your student ID from the student service centre. Your Student ID Card is your primary identification document as a student. It comes with many privileges such as accessibility and discounts at the university guild, cafes, bookshops etc. More importantly, your Student ID Card is required for your application for relevant concessions (for e.g. public transportation).
  3. Get a public transport concession card. For convenience sake, go to the main public transport centre, typically located in the city. In Perth, there is a busport at Elizabeth Quay right in the city. You can find out more information within the Transperth website. Concessions cards can be used for public buses, trains and ferries. In Perth, busses traveling along St Georges Terrace and Adelaide Terrace provides free rides. If not, watch out for the coloured CAT (Central Area Transit) busses which operate for free. See TRANSPORTATION for more information within this FAQ.
  4. Register your Unique Student Identifier (USI). This is a must and you only need to create once in your lifetime. You can do it on your own HERE or get assistance from your school.
  5. Register for your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) card. Depending on your healthcare provider, you need to either ring the call centre or register through the official website. It would be very inconvenient for you if you have to go to the hospital or healthcare provider and you do not have your OSHC card with you. See MEDICAL for more information within this FAQ.
  6. Open a bank account. You can click on this LINK to open an account with Commonwealth Bank, one of Australia’s leading and oldest bank that was incorporated in 1911 by the government and have become public listed since 199 Keep your cash in the bank and request for a debit card to provide you the convenience for day-to-day shopping and expenditures. In Australia, the most common and acceptable form of payment transaction is done online so you would need to register for access to internet banking.

Do I need to apply for a Unique Student Identifier (USI)? What is a USI?

What is a Unique Student Identifier or more commonly known as a USI? USI is required for any student, new or continuing, undertaking a nationally recognised training, delivered in any secondary school, private or government training provider, or at the university. Remember, it only applies to those undertaking a nationally recognised training. If you are a student pursuing degree or post graduate studies at a higher education institution, USI is not required. USI is very important for a student to receive his or her qualification or statement of attainment. USI came into effect in 2015. USI should contain series of ten numbers and letters. Typically, your registered training organisation should be able to help you create your USI. It is also very easy to create on your own.
If you would like to read more and understand what USI is, go to the official government website HERE. If you do not know if you have a USI already created, go to the website and follow the instructions to find / recover or create your USI.


Do I need a health examination for an Australian visa?

Amongst other conditions to meet, if you seek to remain in Australia for more than 6 months, you may also be asked to undergo a chest x-ray and/or medical examination. This can be conducted in your home country or in Australia if you have already entered into the country on a tourist visa.

Students who are applying to study in Australia will definitely require a health examination if you haven’t done so in the last 12 months. Apart from a student visa application, you can find out if you require health examination through the department’s website HERE. With the student visa application, after the submission or lodgement of application, the department will issue to you the HAP ID for you to arrange the appropriate screening.

Do I need travel insurance or medical cover coming to Australia?

Travel insurance is important to protect you from a range of unforeseen events, including; medical emergencies, flight cancellations, emergency accommodation and vehicle accidents. You can arrange through your flight agency, airline, credit card company or through us. We can arrange for you any type of overseas visitors health cover if you wish to find out MORE from us.

What is MOST important for you if you are an international student is to have an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The OSHC is a type of overseas visitors’ health insurance that international students need to study in Australia. In fact, this forms part of the requirement or condition of your student visa as international students are not allowed to access Australia’s public health system.

You can browse through the different types of OSHC available in Australia that is acceptable by the Department of Home Affairs. If you would like a quote from us directly, CONNECT with us.

How do I arrange for a health examination?

You will need the HAP ID to go through the screening test. In Australia, BUPA administers the process and you can book through Bupa Medical Visa Services. You can call 1300 794 919 to arrange your health examinations if:

  • you do not have internet access, or
  • you need to arrange a Carer visa assessment, or
  • you need to arrange a fitness to depart or travel assessment.
If you are outside of Australia, you must be examined by one of the Department’s approved panel physicians or clinics. A panel physician is a doctor or radiologist appointed by the department to do health examinations outside Australia at an approved clinic. Refer to this LIST.

How do I register for my health cover card?

You should obtain the registration details from provider’s website. When in doubt, ring the contact centre. Once you have registered for your card, you should expect the arrival of the card within 5 to 7 working days. You should also download the Health Cover Provider’s App onto your smart phone.

Depending on your service provider, you should log into the respective provider’s sites for:

  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) if you are a student.
  • Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) if you are a visitor or working holiday visa holder.

You can check out the respective health insurers:

If I am unwell in Australia and need medical attention, what are my options?

When you are unwell and you wish to be treated as an outpatient, you can search for a doctor near where you live (based on your postal code). Search for the preferred medical provider through your health cover provider’s portal. You can also create an account on HealthEngine to book your appointment with your GP of choice.

If you need medical attention after hours, you can look for afterhours doctors in your neighbourhood. Different health insurers have agreement with different after-hours facilities. You should check your overseas health insurance policy document to know if you are covered for after-hours medical service provided to you at your home.

If you have a serious illness or injury that threatens your life, call 000 immediately or go to the nearest hospital.

Again, it is very important that you read your overseas health insurance policy and speak to your health insurer beforehand to know what your options are. Find out where you can go to for emergency medical health care. You are covered for medical expenses in private hospitals but you need to find out who is the preferred medical provider for your health insurer. Some health insurers have gap cover arrangements to insure against some or all of these additional payments. If you go to a hospital that does not have an agreement with your health insurer, you may face significant out-of-pocket expenses for your treatment. However, you are required to pay the gap fee. A 'gap' is the amount you pay either for medical or hospital charges, over and above what you can get back from your health insurer.

There are public hospitals with emergency departments in all of Australia. But remember, not all hospitals, private hospitals especially, provide Accidents & Emergency (A&E) services. In Western Australia for example, you can go to Royal Perth Hospital or Sir Charles Gardner Hospital for free emergency medical attention. St John of God Murdoch is a private hospital that provides A&E


What is the most convenient form of travel to and fro school?

Most of the schools are located in the city where parking is expensive, or where university campus grounds have limited parking bays for students. Therefore, choose to travel with public transport and go green!

Most buses, trams and trains are well connected as Australian cities are well planned. Fares are determined based on zones. If you are traveling within the same zone, the fare remains and can be valid for a period of time. See the respective sites for more information about public transportation in the different states and territories of Australia (in no order of preference on the simplicity of public transportation system!):

In most of the public transport cards that you use for traveling, remember to tap on and off when you alight from the bus/ ferry/ train. Failure to do so may lead to a fine. When in doubt, immediately contact the respective public transport centres.

What do I need to know about buying a car in Australia?

If you have the budget to purchase a new car, walk into an authorised dealer for the brand of your choice. If you have less to spend, then there are plenty of 2nd hand dealerships for you to choose from. You can also approach the authorised dealers for the brand of your choice. How do you know if a dealership is good? Go online and read the reviews. Always go with a friend for a 2nd opinion. Visit more than 5 dealerships to ensure you have the opportunity to do a fair price comparison.

There is also other reliable websites in which you can explore for 2nd hand cars. Gumtree and Carsales.

Unless it is a new car, you would generally like to have a 3rd party to provide you an unbiased opinion about the vehicle. You can go to RAC for a full vehicle safety check and the car’s history report.

After buying the vehicle you need to sign the forms for proof of purchase and ownership for your onward submission to the Department of Transport. You need to pay the transfer fee and you need to provide a valid online contact for all correspondence to go to that email address. You need to ensure that you have an up-to-date registration (rego) of the vehicle in which you can renew through the respective Department of Transport websites:

Remember that you need to have a valid driver's license from your home country to drive in Australia. It is best that you carry an international driver’s license. Whether your driver’s license is recognised by the state’s department of transport or not, you would need to check directly with the department. For those arriving in Australia on permanent residency status, you have a short period of time to convert your home country’s driver’s license to that of the state’s driver's license. Depending on which country, you may or may not need to take the written test and driving test. You will need to check with the respective department of transport’s website listed above for confirmation.

We drive on the right-hand side in Australia. Remember that! Around 70% of the cars here are automatic transmissions. Your driver’s license here for light motor vehicle would distinct you from driving an automatic transmission only or to both automatic and manual transmission vehicles. NEVER drink and drive. ALWAYS put on your seatbelt when you are in the car (both the passenger and driver need to comply).

HERE are some preliminary facts for your further reading pleasure.

How do I keep myself and others safe on the roads?

As a pedestrian or a cyclist, you need to be alert at all times when crossing the road. Do not bury your nose in your smart device and observe the pedestrian crossing signs and lights.

As a driver, you MUST always be alert behind the steering wheel. NEVER go above the speed limits. NEVER drink and drive. ALWAYS put on your seatbelt when you are in the car (both the passenger and driver need to comply).

Here are TEN rules to safe driving, courtesy from RAC:

  1. Drive at a safe speed.
  2. Don’t drink and drive.
  3. Obey the road rules.
  4. Concentrate at all times and be prepared.
  5. Be patient and when in doubt, don’t proceed.
  6. Plan your moves well in advance.
  7. Give correct signals.
  8. Be alert particularly at intersections.
  9. Know your vehicle.
  10. Be polite and considerate toward other road users.

You can download the following copies of drive safe handbooks:

  1. Drive Safe Handbook from the WA Department of Transport.
  2. Road Users’ Handbook for NSW users.
  3. Safety & Road Rules on VIC roads.
  4. Road rules for users in QLD.
  5. Road Rules Handbook for ACT.
  6. Road Users’ Handbook in NT.

Better be safe than sorry!


What are my options with respect to accommodation?

You can choose to live on campus. Most established public universities would have on campus accommodation for both domestic and international students. The cost is anywhere between $380 to $550 a week, with a number of meals provided.

There are also private student housing available. CampusPerth and the Student Housing Company for example are available in Perth. Rooms can cost anywhere between AUD$285 to AUD$415 a week, depending on whether you’d like to have a single room or share with 1 of more roommates.

Most on campus living and student housing provides for utilities and WiFi within the weekly rent. These options also provide facilities such as swimming pool, gym, gaming courts and even a rooftop/ shared social spaces for students to simply enjoy.

For more economic options, backpackers’ hotel or hostel are also an option for temporary stay. Rooms are calculated per night, anywhere between AUD$25 to AUD$37 per night.

Some countries like Malaysia provide extended support for fellow Malaysians who require temporary and long term housing. Malaysian Hall for e.g. offers Malaysian students studying in Perth at AUD$6 per night.

Should you require to live on your own, you can search for a room, unit or apartment through established search portals like You can look for rooms through or The cost of a room or unit depends on the suburb you choose t live in.

Those who would like to experience living with an Australian family can opt for homestay arrangement. Students coming to Perth can access our Blue Education’s Homestay Network. For all other states, we can find you a suitable home through the Australian Homestay Network. The cost is around AUD$285 to AUD$325 a week, for room and meals.

How much should I allocate for my weekly expenses in Australia?

An important part of your financial preparation before going abroad is knowing the average living costs which will help you to budget and live within your means. Below provides an estimate for your own planning:

  • Groceries and eating out: AUD$65 - AUD$150 per week
  • Gas, electricity, water: AUD $25 - AUD$55 per week
  • Phone and Internet: AUD$35 to AUD$80 per month
  • Public transport: AUD$10 - AUD$30 per week (depending on where you live and where you need to commute to most frequently)
  • Car (after purchase): AUD$150 - $250 per month for fuel and maintenance
  • Miscellaneous: AUD$50 - AUD$80 per week

Note that the above is a guestimate for one(1) person’s living expenses based on feedback from our current students. Do note that the cost of living in larger cities such as Melbourne and Sydney would incur at least a 20% more in the estimated expenses. All costs are in Australian dollars.

To convert to your own currency, you need to visit

For more information about living in Australia, visit Living-in-Australia.

The Australian Government provides information and guidance on managing your finances.

How can I improve my budget?

Do practice resource/water/waste-wise. It is not only good for your budgeting endeavour, but good for the environment and our planet’s future. There are some national initiatives that can help Australians work towards this goal. See Water Corporation’s advice (by the way, Australians do not support using plastic bags so make sure you have your own set of eco bags for your shopping needs).

Use public transport or get yourself a bicycle. Australian footpath and bicycle path are safe. You can get from point A to B if you plan your route properly. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine whilst you burn those calories.

If you need to hail for a ride, go with ride-share. Again, plan your route and timetable carefully so that you can make it to your classes and appointments on time.

If you intend on buying a car, consider a hybrid or a small cc car that is fuel efficient. Toyotas can never go wrong with a good resale value.

Prepare your own meals at home. Fresh produce from the established grocers are very reasonably priced. You should consider buying seasonal fruits and vegetables as they are much cheaper than imports. You can shop at wholesale markets once every fortnight and share a box of carrots or tomatoes with your friends and neighbours for only AUD$5. Milk is less than AUD$1.50 for a litre. You can get a jumbo loaf of bread is AUD$1.35. You can even grow your own vegetation like broccoli, spinach and have a small herb garden to brighten up your mornings!


Am I allowed to work with my student visa?

While you are on a student visa, you can work no more than 40 hours a fortnight, and as much as you want during term breaks. However, you must remember your primary goal is to complete your studies whilst you are in Australia so your focus and priority is your study programme and not your work.

It is always best to check with the Department of Home Affairs published information site on the working conditions of your visa.

What are my rights when I work and what are my obligations?

The current national minimum wage is AUD$19.49 per hour or AUD$740.80 per 38 hour week (before tax). Casual employees covered by the national minimum wage also get at least a 25% casual loading. For more information on your work rights, refer to the Fairwork Ombudsman.

When you work, you MUST register for a Tax File Number (TFN), identifying you for tax and superannuation purposes. Your employer will ask you to complete a TFN declaration, basically letting your employer know your TFN and whether you are an Australian or foreign resident for tax purposes. You can go to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) website for more information and for your registration of a TFN.

In Australia, the financial year starts on 1 July each year and ends on 30 June in the following year. You need to lodge your tax returns by then, or the latest, by 31 October. You will need to register for a myGov Account and then link your ATO online services to your myGov account for you to lodge your taxes

If you require assistance in lodging your tax returns, CONNECT with us and our Certified Practising Accountant will assist you with your requirements.

You may also provide services to agencies. This would require you to register for an ABN, Australian Business Number which is a unique 11 digit number that identifies your business to the government and community as a goods or services provider (or both). An ABN does not replace your TFN, but rather, used for various tax and other business purposes. Registration of an ABN with the Australian Business Register (ABR) does not cost any fee whether online or by paper application. Basically with the ABN, you are a business owner and therefore, obligated to report the performance of your business to ATO. If your turnover is more than AUD$75,000 a year, then you will need to register for GST (Goods and Services Tax).

I deliver food and drive for ride-share companies. Do I have to comply with the 40 hours a fortnight limit on my work hours if I am a student?

Providing such services would require you to register for ABN. If you are not a student with a valid work visa in Australia, there is no limit on the arrangement you have with these companies (unless there is a non-compete clause within the appointment contract that you have agreed to abide by). If you are a student, you need to work within the 40 hours per fortnight limit during school terms. You are considered ‘working’ from the time you clock into the provider’s application until you clock out, regardless of how many runs you make during that time period.

How do I look for work in Australia?

You should start by preparing a resume or CV (curriculum-vitae). It should clearly outline your academic qualifications and work history. It is important you include referees, who are able to add credibility to your study and work records. You can download any template online or obtain a copy of our template from HERE.

There are many job sites in which you can list your interest. Keep a look out for vacancies, both online and on the streets.

If you require our assistance to give you a boost in your employability opportunities, CONNECT with us.


What can I do during the holidays?

Australia is a very beautiful place with sunny beaches, national parks and busy bars and restaurants. You can use the time you have whilst living in Australia to visit all of the top tourist destinations in every state in Australia. You can also go home to your home country for a short break to catch up wit family and friends. You can also offer yourself for relevant work internships to enhance your learning and working experience.

Students can work unlimited hours during term breaks. This is a good way to enhance your credentials in the relevant industries, or better still, earn your spending money for your travels around Australia in the next set of term break.

What is my top 20 bucket list for the best places to go to in Australia?What is my top 20 bucket list for the best places to go to in Australia?

Courtesy from Ytravel Blog, here are the top 20:

1. Whitsunday Islands, Queensland 2. Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory 3. Margaret River, Western Australia 4. Sydney, NSW 5. Broome, Western Australia 6. Byron Bay, NSW 7. Freycinet National Park, Tasmania 8. Uluru, Northern Territory 9. Great Barrier Reef, Queensland 10. Daintree Rainforest, Queensland Watch the video: 11. Fraser Island, Queensland 12. Melbourne, Victoria 13. Great Ocean Road, Victoria 14. Rottnest Island, Western Australia 15. Hobart, Tasmania 16. Barossa Valley, South Australia 17. Karijini National Park, Western Australia 18. Gold Coast, Queensland 19. Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria 20. Kangaroo Island, South Australia

You can plan your travels through the official Australian tourism website.


What is the international standard for describing language ability?

The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is the international standard for describing language ability. It describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language.

Below provides the CEFR Comparison Diagram to help you determine your level of English.

Should I take PTE or IELTS?

Traditionally, the main difference between both tests is that PTE is computer-based, while IELTS is paper-based. Both tests have the same modules – listening, writing, reading, speaking. However, in PTE, all modules are tested on the computer. In the case of the IELTS, 3 modules are in a written format while the speaking component is a one-to-one interview.

There is a computer-delivered IELTS. You might want to compare with the PTE HERE.

Some have preferred the IELTS, whilst some have stated the benefits of taking the PTE. Really, it’s about understanding the requirements and preparing for the test. So natu

rally, the ones who scored favourably on either test would testify for that paper. You can learn more HERE.

Registration for PTE is HERE.

Registration for IELTS is HERE.

You can use the table below for a comparison on the scores.

What happens when I am not able to meet the entry requirement for English to study in Australia?

The required level of English language proficiency will differ depending on the institution, level of study, country of citizenship of the applicant and the applicant is willing to complete an ELICOS course upon arrival in Australia. For undergraduate courses, these scores provide an indication of the minimum requirement for most universities: IELTS — overall score of 6.0 to 6.5 (no band less than 5.5 to 6.0); TOEFL (internet-based test) — overall score of 60 to 90; and CAE — overall score of 169 to 176 (no less than 169 in any category).

How do I know if I am eligible for skilled migration?

You can always refer to the Department of Home Affairs’ official website on the skilled occupation list. Updates on the list are normally provided on this site, including occupations that are removed.

If you would like to engage with our licensed migration counsellor, CONNECT with us.

What is the criteria to qualify me to apply for a post-study work visa?

The post-study work visa (sub-class 485) allows you to remain in Australia between 1.5 or more years after you complete your study programme in Australia.

You need to complete your studies at diploma level, or at bachelors, masters or Doctorate level with a minimum of 2 years period of study. The study programme must be a registered course on CRICOS (refer, and the total registered period of study must be at least 92 weeks. The study pathway can be a combined number of courses resulting in that 92 weeks of academic weeks of study in total with relevant term breaks in between.

If you complete your studies up to a diploma level, the post-study work visa option is called the graduate stream. In order to be eligible for this visa, you need to nominate an occupation on the 189- 485- 489 Visa- Skilled Visa Occupation List/ Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Other than those specified in the lists, you are then not eligible for the graduate stream work visa and may have the option to continue studying at Bachelor’s level where you can complete any course thereafter to allow you the eligibility of application for the post-graduate stream.

Most importantly, you need to meet the English Requirements.

If you are holding a passport from any of these countries, you are not required to prove your English proficiency:

  • United Kingdom
  • Republic of Ireland
  • United States of America
  • Canada
  • New Zealand

Otherwise, you will have to provide evidence that in the last 3 years, you have attained one(1) of the following scores:

What would you need to prepare ?

  • A copy of your passport (containing your bio-data and signature)
  • Passport size photograph X2
  • Police clearance: Refer to the Australian Federal Police site
  • Completion certificates from the education provider (school) for the last 2 years
  • Provisional skills assessment for the nominated position
  • Any of the formal English Test results as per the table above
  • Appropriate health cover