top of page
Grocery Store Worker

Businesses in Australia who require skilled workers or professionals from overseas can have the option to apply as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS).  The SBS is an approval for an Australian business to employ skilled overseas professionals to work in Australia. It is valid for five (5) years, allowing the business to nominate as many employees as required.  

How do I know if I qualify to be an SBS?

You need to be legally established and currently operating a business, in or outside of Australia.


Your business must not have any adverse information against your operations or associated persons that can affect your suitability as a sponsor. 


Your business should have a strong record or commitment to hire local labour, failing which, you would like the option to hire foreign skilled labour.

What do I need to start the process?

  • Business incorporation certificate and other records.

  • Annual Financial Report and Tax Returns for the most recently concluded Financial Year.

  • For smaller businesses, interim tax lodgements (i.e. BAS) and/ or business bank statements covering the period of operations (at least 2 years).

  • If you are a newly established business, a viable Business Plan.

Colleagues Working Together

How can we assist you?

We will guide you through the entire process.


We can be appointed to be your authorised representative in engaging with the Department of Home Affairs and other relevant 3rd parties. 


We will help you to understand your obligations as a sponsor and ensure that your nominated employee meets all visa requirements.

bottom of page